Dr. Dona Biswas, FRANZCP, MBBS, MD (Psychiatry)
Dr Dona Biswas is a general adult psychiatrist and a Fellow of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists. She is expert in management of a wide range of mental health conditions with special interest in mood disorders, women’s mental health issues, complex PTSD and adult ADHD.
She has substantial experience in delivery of Cognitive-Behavioural therapy in a range of psychiatric conditions, and Interpersonal therapy particularly in female clients who experience more stressful life events on average.
Dr Biswas has acquired specialised training in neurofeedback which she is currently offering at her private rooms in ZenWaves clinic in Blacktown. She also provides outpatient and inpatient services at Northside Clinic in Wentworthville. She also provides telepsychiatry services to people in rural and remote areas.
English, Hindi and Bengali
Assoc. Prof. Herbert Jelinek
Herbert is Clinical Research Director of MindSpace Australia and specializes in providing biofeedback and neurofeedback assessment and training. His research interests include exploring different biofeedback and neurofeedback protocols in optimizing treatment of mental and physical health conditions.
In the past he has coordinated a rural diabetes health clinic for over 20 years with an emphasis on early identification of mental health problems, cognitive decline, depression, anxiety, and eating disorders in this population.
Herbert completed B.Sc. (Hons) in Psychology and Human Genetics from the University of New South Wales, followed by a Graduate Diploma in Neuroscience from the Australian National University, Canberra. He did his PhD from University of Sydney and he is an Honorary Clinical Associate Professor with Macquarie University and Rural Clinical School, University of New South Wales.
He has been involved with various studies in Anxiety, Depression, Parkinson’s disease and cognitive decline in Diabetics.
Sumana Kodi, M.A., M. Phil (Social Work)
Sumana Kodi is an Accredited Mental Health Social Worker with decades of experience in her field of expertise. She supports consumers in their own vision of recovery by improving collaboration between them, their families, and carers, and various governmental and non-governmental organizations.
Qualifications, Memberships & Experience
- M.A. in Social Work with specialisation in Medical and Psychiatric Social Work
- M.Phil. in Psychiatric Social work
- Masters Degree in Conversational Psychotherapy
- Accredited Mental Health Social Worker
- Accredited member of Australian Association of Social Work
- Registered Medicare Provider
- Registered ATAPS provider
- NDIS Registered Provider
- Registered Counsellor with Workers Comp NSW
- Comprehensive mental health and psychosocial assessments
- Social Work intervention for psychosocial issues, victims of domestic violence
- Liaison with housing, financial organizations, disability services, NDIS
- Individual / group psychoeducation, motivational interviewing
- Counselling for anxiety, depression, grief / loss, interpersonal problems
- Skills Training – Problem solving, Anger management, Communication and Social skills training
- Nondirected pregnancy counselling
- Worker’s compensation
- Home visits if needed
English , Tamil and Kannada
Herbert Fung, BA-Psych, Post Grad Dip -Psych Consultant Psychologist
Herbert has worked both in public and private sectors providing psychotherapy to clients across the lifespan. His main areas of focus are adolescent, adult and couple psychotherapy. Herbert has a strong grasp of brief and longer term therapies which includes Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Interpersonal Therapy, Mindfulness Based Therapies and Psychodynamic Psychotherapy.
He has worked with many diverse clients presenting with depression, anxiety, ADHD & autism, adjustment disorders, complex PTSD, low self-esteem, assertiveness and communication, workplace conflict and compensation, relationship conflict, grief and loss, anger management, personal growth, drug and alcohol issues and severe mental disorders and illnesses.
His practice focuses on providing a therapeutic relationship for individuals who are suffering from emotional pain. Herbert is influenced by attachment theory, child and adult development, Western & Eastern psychology and scientific medical research. Herbert practices mindfulness and incorporates this with clients interested in learning. His interest and curiosity is to understand each individual coming for psychotherapy and provide a therapeutic environment for potential growth to occur.
- Registered with Psychology Board of Australia (AHPRA)
- Registered with NSW State Insurance Regulatory Authority (SIRA) for Workers Compensation
- Registered Medicare Provider
- Bachelor of Arts-Psychology
- Postgraduate Diploma in Psychology